Each student and 1 parent or guardian is required to attend the 2012-13 SCPA School Year Orientation. This orientation is required of all new AND returning students and will be held in the Corbett Theater.
Kindergarten Students: Monday August 13, 2012 at 5:30PM
Grade 1,2,3 Students: Tuesday August 14, 2012 at 5:30PM
Grade 4,5,6 Students: Tuesday August 14, 2012 at 7:00PM
Grade 7,8,9 Students: Thursday August 16, 2012 at 5:30PM
Grade 10,11,12 Students: Thursday August 16, 2012 at 7:00PM
Note: If you are unable to attend the assigned grade level session in grades 4-12, you may attend at either the 4-6, 7-9 or 10-12 session.
At Orientation, Parents will:
1. Submit the 2012-13 Back to School Forms
2. Pay school fees
3. Sign up for parent access to powerschool
4. Pick up their child’s 2012-13 class schedule
5. Receive a copy of the 2012-13 Bell Schedule
6. Sign and return the 2012-13 Parent Contract (All Grade Levels)
7. Sign the parent acknowledgement of the 2012-13 Student Contract
8. Pick up free lunch applications
9. Receive instructions on student drop off and pick up.
10. Receive information about bus transportation
11. Order Student Directory
12. Sign up for Private Music Lessons
13. Turn in Private Music Lesson Scholarship Applications
At Orientation, students will:
1. Sign and return the 2012-13 Student Contract (Grades 4-12 only)
2. Pick up Audition Material for the Major Musical
3. Sign up for Private Music Lessons
Also available for purchase will be the SCPA school calendars and SCPA spiritwear. If you did not purchase a yearbook for the last school year, there will be additional copies available for purchase.
IMPORTANT: Any parent unable to attend a summer orientation date will need to attend the 1st day of school orientation session at 8:30am in the Mayerson Theater. Your child will be unable to pick up their schedule and start class until you have completed the orientation.